Question: How do I know if I have a personal injury case?
If you were injured due to the negligence of another person or entity, you have a potential personal injury case.
Whether is it worth pursuing legally may depend on several factors/variables. Briefly, those variable include:
- Can the other’s negligence be proven?
- The severity of your injuries;
- Did the person/entity that caused your injuries have insurance? If not, do you have applicable insurance?
- The type, length, and cost of medical treatment incurred to resolve the injuries;
- The doctors’ prognosis upon completion of your treatment (did you recover, will you need future care, do you have any permanent restrictions/impairments, etc);
- Any lost earnings and/or lost earning capacity.
- Any clinically diagnosed depression or other mental pain endured
Since some of these factors may need investigation, while others may take time.
Therefore, it is recommended that you call us as soon as possible after your injury to discuss whether or not you might have a viable case, and how we can help you maximize your potential recovery. Call Baton Rouge attorneys at the Tomeny | Best Injury Lawyers today at 225-767-833.