2024 Conquering Challenges Scholarship
As Booker T. Washington said, “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.“ Adversity often strikes unexpectedly throughout our lives, leaving us with physical or emotional setbacks. These hardships can become hard to surmount obstacles but can also be opportunities for growth and change. Sometimes, we must tap into our inner determination to forage ahead despite setbacks.
At Tomeny Best, we understand the immense power that emerges from these moments of struggle as they pave the way for stories of triumph and perseverance. We watch our clients overcome their physical and emotional hardships daily and would love to hear stories from aspiring students as they enter the next chapter of their lives.
Share your journey of overcoming hardship following an injury or setback, whether physical or emotional. How did you navigate this difficult period, and how did this challenge shape who you are today? This scholarship has an award of $1000.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, vocational student, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a vocational program or two to four-year post-secondary institution for the Fall 2024 School Year.
- Employees of Tomeny Best, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1000 word essay response to the prompt:
- Share your journey of overcoming hardship following an injury or setback, whether physical or emotional. How did you navigate this tough period, and how did this challenge shape who you are today?
- The candidate must submit a resumé listing their professional and academic experiences.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school and the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The 2024 Conquering Challenges Scholarship recipient will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline, and the recipient will receive an award of $1000 towards their education.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st, 2024. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be emailed with the subject line “Tomeny Best – 2024 Conquering Challenges Scholarship Application.” Please send any questions to email@example.com as well.